The Belgian Association for Psychological Sciences (BAPS) organizes several activities among which:
- an annual meeting gathering 200 to 300 researchers, professors and students working in the Belgian universities (as well as international speakers and participants)
- the publication of the journal "Psychologia Belgica"
- a mailing list to circulate conference and seminar announcements, job adverts, etc.
- the Best Master Thesis award: the call for 2013 is now closed.
Any person interested in scientific research in psychological sciences can join the mailing list.
Affiliation to the BAPS (see Members section for details) gives additional advantages including:
- free access to the annual meeting
- Our next annual meeting (2014) will be held at the University of Leuven. More information soon.
- free hard-copy and web access to Psychologica Belgica
- automatic affiliation to the Belgian Federation of Psychologists (BFP) of which BAPS is a member association; BAPS members also enjoy all BFP membership advantages including:
- the BFP electronic newsletter which keeps members informed about current issues and events concerning Psychology in Belgium;
- Psychologos, the 3-monthly BFP journal (available to BAPS members as well as to all members of BFP).
- The newsletter contains all kinds of information about scientific and professional activities in psychology, including editorials about current events of importance to Psychological Research and Professionals in Belgium; information about the activities of the Belgian Association for Psychological Sciences and the Federation, its working groups and committees, and related (international) organizations and universities; special information about meetings, symposia, conferences, training programs, etc.; information regarding the scientific activities of members of the Association (new Ph.D.s, new books, new members, etc.); summaries of current research projects conducted at different research centers.
- The editor of the "Research and Teaching" section of the PsychoLogos is Bert Timmermans. Send your contributions by e-mail to Bert Timmermans.
- Special Action to help disseminate your latest research results: Write a short description/summary of the research you have carried out recently, situating it in a relevant psychological context or with an example. This description has to be comprehensible to the lay-reader. Send this summary to Bert Timmermans.
- Because interested journalists may want more information, please send 4 re/preprints as well to: Bert Timmermans Vrije Universiteit Brussel Faculteit Psychologie en Opvoedkunde Pleinlaan 2 B-1050 Brussel.
- there is also a LinkedIn group where members and non-members (already more than 900) actively discuss publications and projects. See www.bfp-fbp.be/node/120/ for more information on the LinkedIn group.
- discounted affiliation fees are available for master and PhD students.